But first thing's first - I had uploaded the more gratuitous posey shots of my friend Sophie and I at Rockness to Facebook, but a few friends commented on our pink lipstick in a few photos, particularly this one.
Naturally I realised that my blog is exactly the place I should share such information! Sophie is wearing Models Own in Hot Pink, and it looked so phenomenal in real life too, a very blue fluorescent pink which has quite a matte finish. I think it is about £6 Mine is Collection 2000 in Pink Shock, which I swatched here. A really moisturising finish, and a total bargain, £4 or so I think!
Now that's dealt with, on to the highlighter. I LOVED Lisa Eldridge's video on liquid highlighter and she mentioned this one as well as the Becca highlighter which I absolutely can't afford, so I knew this was for me!
Only drawback is that stupid brush on the end of the tube! The testers in Boots are always a total mess with product everywhere, which is a real shame as that distracts from the fact that it looks great. There is no way (I can find) to remove it. I like to put highlighter on the back of my hand and mix with foundation, or dot where I want with my fingers and this brush is totally useless. The Me Me Me highlighter which is packaged like a tint or nail polish bottle is far more user friendly but this is far better value (£11 for 30mls vs. £5 for 12mls) which is why I wanted to try it.
You never know how much is coming out when you squeeze the tube, so there can be mess and wastage. That said, the finish is great!
Blends very nicely, and is perfect for cheekbones, browbones, mixing with foundation, decolletage etc etc. Why No. 7 must you have this stupid brush?! And Lisa, you said yourself you were involved in the production, how could you allow this?! In the video she puts it on the back of her hand too, and doesn't use the brush, which makes the whole thing all the more infuriating! I will most likely repurchase as it is all that I look for in a highlighter and I think this tube will last me a long time, but I continue to be annoyed. A gold version is available too, like Benefit High Beam, for those who like gold highlighters, but the pinky ones, Moon Beam etc I find always look better on my pale skin.
| Bit worried I've gone slightly bridal with this hair... |
Wearing the Collection 2000 lipstick I mentioned about but brushed lightly over some Carmex so it is far more wearable for work! Also wearing the highlighter of course, on my cheekbones. Everything else is pretty much my usual!
Do you have any affordable highlighter recommendations? Whenever possible I try to stick to highstreet! Off to work now, yaaaay...
-Caoimhe.lights xxx
I love this highlighter too the finish is gorgeous but I agree about the brush, I've cut mine off makes it easier to get out and doesn't waste as much x
ReplyDeleteThis looks lovely, next time i get one of those £5 off vouchers from Boots, I'm going to buy this! I love that it comes with a brush applicator. Thank you for posting about it x
ReplyDeleteI got rid of the brush simply with plyers pulling out , easy and quick.
ReplyDeleteThe product is awsome and there is no waste this way.