Eyes: Maybelline Volumexpress mascara // L'Oreal Carbon Gloss liner // Rimmel white kohl pencil
Face: Maybelline The Smoother Primer // Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation in 115 // L'Oreal True Match foundation in C1 Ivory Rose // ELF Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter // Mac So Sweet, So Easy Cremeblend blush // Sleek The One loose powder
Lips: Aloe Vera Vaseline // my beloved Sleek Pout Polish in Powder Pink
So I didn't do too well at the library, found myself doing my secong post of the day, crazy!
Just a simple face as I have work this evening. I am in love with my Illamasqua foundation as the coverage and colour match for me is absolutely incredible; it's the only foundation that truly matches my pale skin tone and covers my redness from acne scarring. That said, it's quite a drying formula so I just used the Illamasqua as a concealer today in the areas I needed it on my cheeks, and then applied the True Match over it all lightly with a stipple brush as I wanted to try for a more dewy finish, which I think worked. I posted before about my Stila tinted moisturiser which is great for a lighter look in hot weather with some concealer, but I still feel like I'm searching for something!
I've always come back to the True Match over the past 5 years or so as it's the closest shade I can get to my skin tone on the highstreet and has a pleasant consistency and coverage, though I always need an epic concealer for my cheeks. That said, I've felt I had to repowder my face so many times today already, and it's only half 4! There's a fine line between dewy and oily and I fear I am sitting on it. I was also worried it was a bit too dark, though maybe I'm just to used to my own pallor.
I've also got a few blemishes there, I think it's because of my new Botanics hot cloth cleanser which draws impurities to the surface. Boo hoo, a necessary evil I guess but one I could do without! I also need to cut my fringe SO BADLY! I keep straightening it at a curve to disguise this, without much success. I feel like a Shetland pony.
![]() |
| Uncanny! |
Saving the day for me is the Pout Polish, I want a bazillion other colours!
Have you found your holy grail foundation? Any suggestions for a pale person like me? I want a Chanel foundation SO BADLY but don't think they do a light enough shade! Off to work now, I hope everyone else has a better way to spend their night than me!
-Caoimhe.lights xxx

Looking gorgeous miss, lolz at the pony.
ReplyDeleteI am totally love hate with illamasqua foundation- just not sure! Was it the cream or liquid formula you went for? not sure if you have tried Double wear in shell yet but if not and colour is pale enough I would defo get the sample in store xxx
ReplyDeleteHaha I've been doing the exact same thing with my fringe when it gets too long, fringe twins! xx
ReplyDeletelove your hair deary. you're really pretty :)
ReplyDeleteBTW, nice blog. I followed you :)
xoxo,
Kat - misskatv.blogspot.com
Hi Caoimhe(what a beautiful name!)
ReplyDeletejust wondering if that´s your natural hair colour? if not what colour is it cuz it is exactly the color I want on my lightbrown hair.
best wishes!/Lisa
My natural hair Lisa, I used to colour it though and always chose cool toned dark browns, never strayed too far from my natural shade. Hope that helps! x
ReplyDelete