| blended // unblended |
Bought this eyeshadow primer just before Christmas after seeing it mentioned in the beauty pages of Now magazine. It is my first Soap and Glory product: until I started reading blogs I never gave the brand a second glance as the busy packaging made me feel like I was going to burst into hives just looking at it. I'm over that nonsense now as I see so many bloggers raving about S&G!
I'd wanted a new eye primer but the full size UD Primer Potion feels pretty extravagant as I've always used the minis that came with palettes and although great - and cheap - the ELF one comes with the added expense of a whole ELF order that I can't resist. So for £8 I trotted off to Boots.
Unlike the ELF and UD offerings which simply mattify the lid and leave a natural colour, the S&G primer is available in Bright Light and Silver Lining; Bright Light leaves a pretty pearly finish (shown above) and Silver Lining a gunmetal grey metallic finish, suitable for stronger looks.
I like this primer as the finish means it can be worn alone if you are in a rush, but it isn't a garish shimmer that interferes with eyeshadows either and can be blocked with a matte eyeshadow. And as for durability, my eyeshadow stayed in place with no creases after a 10 hour shift in work! Definitely longer lasting than the ELF eye primer, and on a par with UDPP. I would recommend this as an excellent drugstore eye primer if you have oily lids like me.
-Caoimhe.lights xxx
Hello Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to try Soap & Glory's products, they look so good!
I will definitely wanna try this primer out, but only when they change it to a squeeze tube hehe. ;)
xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
such a nice and helpful post :)
ReplyDeletei love soap & glory products. they have such a cute packaging :D
in btw really nice blog you have here, dear :))
xoxo
http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com
This sounds great, I'll look out for it next time I'm up town :) x
ReplyDelete