C0LOUREDLIGHTS

My photo
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
I'm Caoimhe, this is my blog on makeup and stuff. Email me on c0loured.lights23@gmail.com

Sunday, 26 June 2011

Rockness - Ke$ha and Jessie J.

As Jessie J has pointed out, it's not all about the money. Hahaha! The other weekend, my friend Sophie who works for No. 1 Magazine managed to get us guest list for Rockness! We had wanted to go but had decided we couldn't afford it and lo and behold this awesome freebie turned up! We managed to borrow a tent (Cath Kidson no less!) and only had to pay for our food, beverages and transport.

The blog title comes from a group of guys pitched next to Sophie's friends who insisted we looked like Ke$ha and Jessie J, which I thought was about the funniest thing I had ever heard! Yet to be convinced myself...?

What do you think?

Sophie and I had to take pictures of festival style we liked for the magazine and here are a few of my favourites, interspersed with some of me and Sophie. Personally, I quite liked fun and casual style, though some of these girls really pushed the boat out and looked amazing!





















I love the makeup on the last picture, so cute! I never did see where she had gotten it done but I thought it looked really cool and fun for a festival!

The weather at Rockness was pretty mixed, so it wasn't just wellies and raincoats which is always good! Music was of course phenomenal, in particular DJ Shadow, Chemical Brothers, Boyz Noize, Alex Metric.

Makeup wise, I just went for lots and lots of gold glitter and shadow and very bright lipstick. The Original Sleek MakeUP palette was perfect for Rockness, lots of colours to play with and obviously if it got smashed in the camping madness I would've been able to get another at no great expense.






Loved this I did it Friday and Saturday, my Sunday picture I think shows signs of camping etc so will remain hidden! I brought the glitter all around from my lid to cheekbone, and used Urban Decay Heavy Metal gel, a Primark gold glitter liner and the sleek makeup palette. Unfortunately these tent pictures don't really do it justice but I was really pleased with it!

I love festival fashion, it's one time you can really just do whatever you want with your clothes and makeup! I tend to wear dresses with shorts, layered with hoodies and tights, and generally always wear wellies. Managed to get my Hunters in an Office sale for only £40 which as they go is pretty good! I know a wellie  is a wellie, but Hunters really are worth it! I caved and bought them after a pretty spectacular and public fall on the ice this winter when wearing wellies with zero grip on the soles. They are SO COMFORTABLE, I don't fall wearing them and I wear them all the time in Glasgow where as many of you will know, the weather is grim as standard. I also managed to find a pretty perfect wax coat for only £10 when I was in London which kept me warm and dry.

Pity I look like a moron otherwise in this photo!
Back to Jessie J., this is an amazing cover of Price Tag I just found. Shadowboxer are great, and a few of their songs are on their Facebook. I really recommend having a listen, the singer's voice is mind blowing.



I wish I could go to another festival before the summer is out, but I think work and money issues will rule that out! Anyone going to any good festivals, and what do you like to wear?!

- Caoimhe.lights xxx


ps. This blog appears to be becoming a series of apologies, I had this post saved for about 10 days then all of this Beyonce at Glasto chat on Facebook and Twitter reminded me I am utterly inept and this was all raring to go. I have become far less disciplined with my blogging since uni finished and my routine disintegrated, argh!

3 comments:

  1. Ah Rockness, I was meant to go in 2007 but was too ill! I so regret not just being hardcore and going anyway!

    Loving all the outfits and your glittery eye makeup! Festivals are definitely the time to experiment with fashion and make up and just have no limits - love it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautfiul! i lvoe all outfits. music festivals are the best, i love festival wear. your makeup and hair are lovely as well.

    new follower :)

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the make up you wore, I;ll be glittering it up for Latitude in a few weeks :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Let me know if you have a blog too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...