C0LOUREDLIGHTS

My photo
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
I'm Caoimhe, this is my blog on makeup and stuff. Email me on c0loured.lights23@gmail.com

Friday, 28 October 2011

Halloween Faces.

I'm sitting in like a bore on a Friday night, writing my first post in an embarrassingly long time ashen faced and head bowed. I've been feeling slightly lacking in inspiration recently for posts; not having bought new items (or the dolla to do so...), wearing samey same makeup and not having an assistant on hand for outfit posts on the rare day I have something nice on!

However, Halloween is approaching which means inspiration and ideas galore! I decided my costume a while ago, after being very confused about what to be. The last few years I've picked something quite dramatic, so I've really been able to make a go of my makeup, which for me is the funnest part so I always want to pick carefully, but also pick something that I won't need to spend a lot on. I'm going out for Halloween on Sunday night, so a post on my costume will follow early next week.

PAH says you, yeah right but I will, I promise!

For now, here's a couple of snaps of my makeup for my Halloween costumes in 2009 and 2010:


 In 2009 I was a clown, and probably it was my favourite and best costume ever. I used Bobbi Brown black gel liner, Barry M Dazzle Dust (green), Snazaroo white face paint and Stargazer neon paints (pink and blue) and false lashes. I loved using the Stargazer neon paints as they were easy to use, looked great in the club and I thought they added an unusual dimension to a classic clown makeup.


After much deliberation, in 2010 I was a scarecrow. This was lots of fun; I wore a sack, stuffed hay everywhere but I really wanted to look scary so I did my face with yellow and black Snazaroo facepaint, and wore Stargazer lashes again. I felt really frightening, and in honesty I don't think I'd paint my face a colour other than white again; the yellow felt horrendous, even for Halloween!

As I'mnot going to let on what I'll be this year until I post about it, tonight I thought I'd do a wee half face of what I think would be cool Halloween makeup, inspired by Siouxie.




I was given a book on makeup looks of different decades, and though I'd never really noticed Siouxie before the look really stuck out to me.

I feel I don't know Siouxie's style and music enough to ever dress up as her, but it'd be such a fun costume! For Halloween, you could just be Siouxie, or this would be a great foundation for vampire makeup.
Or you could do a zombie version, a trickle of blood down the corner of the mouth...

I just did this quickly for fun, but would love to do it properly soon. My eyebrow got a little crazy big as did my crazy huge lips, when I think really I should've gone to town on my eyes instead! I've started a makeup course and our first module is avant garde so I've been toying with doing a Siouxie inspired look as my first try.

What's everyone else going as for Halloween? Also, any good tips for a white kohl pencil? My Rimmel one barely showed up in my pictures of the Siouxie face, and was a nightmare to use.

-Caoimhe.lights xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Let me know if you have a blog too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...