C0LOUREDLIGHTS

My photo
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
I'm Caoimhe, this is my blog on makeup and stuff. Email me on c0loured.lights23@gmail.com

Sunday, 15 January 2012

2011 Makeup Favourites

So another favourites post, on my most used makeups of the year.


Top L-R
1. Eco Tools Retractable Kabuki Brush // 2. Topshop Cream Blush in Flush // 3. ELF Brow Kit
Middle L-R
4. GOSH X-Eptional Wear Foundation // 5. Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation // 6. Rimmel Xtra Super Lash //
7. Mac Studio Finish Concealer // 8. Sleek Pout Polish Pink Cadillac // 9. ELF Plumping Lip Glaze Fire Coral
Bottom L-R
10. Urban Decay Naked Palette // 11. Carmex Cherry 
1. I had been searching high and low for a good, affordable kabuki brush to apply my Illamasqua foundation with, as it's such a difficult consistency that I was having trouble with my other soft brushes and foundation brushes. This is so soft, but very densely packed making buffing in foundation really easy. Best of all it's retractable, so I can hygienically carry it about, and use it for foundation, powder and blush top ups when I'm out and about. Was about £12 and I honestly couldn't do without it, definitely my top makeup tool of 2011.

2. I've blogged about Topshop's cream blushes before, but Flush has definitely been my most used. It has lasted at least 10 months and still won't be finished it for a while! A beautiful and natural peachy pink, which applies perfectly with my ELF stipple brush and lasts all day.

3. I haven't used anything else on my brows all year, and think this is the best brow kit out there, especially for the price, it is £3.50. I am almost finished my first kit, I bought this brand new one a while back in a 50% off sale so I won't be stuck. A good matte powder and brown wax that lasts all day and looks strong without looking painted on.

4. & 5. My foundations of the year.  I will admit that the Illamasqua leaves some ghostface in pictures but the coverage over my red pigmented and acne scarred skin is second to none. Might splash out on the Illamasqua  Skin Base for nights out so I don't look so absurd in photos, but for day to day, using the Rich Liquid as concealer buffed onto problem areas with a light covering of the GOSH after is perfect. No shine and lasts all day, even (as I've recently discovered) after a 10 hour chef shift!

6. This is the best and most affordable mascara I have tried. This week I made a stupid, stupid mistake and bought Miss Sporty instead last week as it's £2 cheaper and am purchasing this again asap. Review here.

7. I have been using this concealer for years, and will continue to repurchase. Great for blemishes but I mostly use it under my eyes and it covers everything. At the moment I'm using it with a No.7 concealer brush which I'd really recommend too.

8. A beautiful, highly pigmented pink lip balm; is almost more like a gloss but better as it's so nourishing! Great for a pretty and natural look and wears off to a nice pink stain. As it's so pigmented though I would recommend applying with a lip brush.

9. Definitely one of my favourite ELF products now, and I only added this plumping gloss to my basket on a whim. The plumping end can be used over any glosses/lipstsicks but I love the coloured end too as it's a really nice natural gloss that matches my lip colour nicely and isn't at all gloopy. It really works at plumping lips too, as well as the Two Faced Lip Injection in my opinion and at a cheapy ELF price!

10. Obviously, the Naked Palette was a big hit this year. After months of checking the Debenhams website daily I finally got mine in May time I think and it truly is as good as they say!

11. Carmex is a totally standard product, but I had never used it until this year as I really, really HATE the lurid packaging which screams 'ooooooo I have sickly lips, let me medicate them!' to the unsuspecting onlooker. However, I have swallowed my scorn as although I still hate the packaging it is a damn good lip balm and I have a billion tubs and tubes on the go.

Phew, hope you got to the end of that! Have any similar/dissimilar favourites, let me know!

-Caoimhe.lights xxx

1 comment:

  1. So many of these are my faves too!!!

    You have a really cute and colourful blog :)

    I'm your newest follower,

    Niki @ LQM&M
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Let me know if you have a blog too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...