C0LOUREDLIGHTS

My photo
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
I'm Caoimhe, this is my blog on makeup and stuff. Email me on c0loured.lights23@gmail.com

Thursday, 21 April 2011

Dolly Lite

I have been looking out for a nice aqua eyeshadow since watching this video on Pixiwoo, inspired by the Mac 2002 Dolled Up collection.

Source

I love doll type makeup, and it's pretty much my everyday look - pale perfect base, black liquid liner, spikey lashes, pink lips and cheeks. As I've been saying though, I've been wanting to introduce eyeshadow to this routine as it's been becoming samey! I loved this combination of colours and had generally been a bit scared of how to wear aqua so was delighted to see how I could give it a go.

After much umming and awwing in Superdrug last Sunday, I picked up the MUA Makeup Academy single eyeshadow in the bizarrely named 'Shade 6 - Pearl'. Hmm. MUA, we can agree to disagree on whoever thought that was a good idea but it was exactly the shade I was looking for, and only 99p! After my E.L.F disaster palette (which is now being offered as a free gift on the ELF website, ARGH!!) I was a bit wary of another cheap eyeshadow but the swatch in the shop was as good as Accessorize's eyeshadow in Mermaid.




Stunning in the pan, and not too shimmery or glittery. That swatch was a bit blanched by the flash - admittedly on its own the shadow wasn't very good, but using the ELF eyeshadow primer made such a difference to application and staying power. 8 hours later, it's still going pretty strong - great for such a cheap product!

Here's a few snaps of me trying it on today, with and without the flash.




As you can see, I didn't do the whole lid - it was quite warm and sunny in Glasgow today so I didn't want to put too much slap on, therefore this is very much a lite version of the real thing and I just drew a thick line with the ELF angled brush. If it wasn't so warm, or I was going for a proper night out look, I would've used more highlighter on the brow bone, and done the whole lid. I would also have slapped on the Mac lippy in Saint Germain to finish this off properly but too much makeup in sunshine looks awful so only a wee gloss and tinton the lips today.

I really piled on the mascara; Pixiwoo was pretty adamant it was integral to the look - I loved the video, she kept saying "Now this look isn't for everyone... you might not want your mascara like this" when I was thinking "I WANT TO LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THIS EVERY DAY!". Currently loving the Maybelline One by One Volumexpress mascara - I don't really do natural lashes and it's perfect for the doll lash effect. Not advised in the video, but I couldn't resist a TINY bit of liquid liner to finish (L'Oreal Carbon Gloss).

Face - Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation 105 // MeMeMe highlighter in 2 Moonbeam // Topshop Tint (also on lips) // BeautyUK stripey blusher in Pink.

When I do a proper face of it I'll do a teeny post to show it off properly, just had to share it immediately!

Before I sign off, here are some pictures of cupcakes my friend and I decorated today to take to our friend Ben's, who had us to dinner tonight. Needless to say, we love sprinkles.




Had a lovely day off all in all - sleeping, new makeup, cupcakes and dinner. Ben's a wonderful musician, so here's a wee video of one of my favourite of his songs, enjoy!




-Caoimhe.lights xxx

5 comments:

  1. lovely job you made of it. I want to eat every one of those cakes!! haha

    Helen, X
    areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want CAKE! love the MUA stuff, they have some good mac dpe shades and the matt brown is a perferct eyebrow colour! looks lovely you on you dear,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your makeup looks nice :)
    and the cakes look so yummy, making me hungry haha! xxx

    please check out my blog @ www.hazzaapee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls, I love it so much! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Let me know if you have a blog too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...