Sake. I couldn't find a necklace today and got a total bee in my bonnet over it and instead of revising, I turned my (cluttered, messy, full to bursting) room upside down to no avail. I even cut open an armchair!
I'm the worst with jewellery, constantly losing things, finding them months/years later in a forgotten skirt pocket or similar. The worst thing is that I KNOW that it will turn up somewhere, so I can't just mourn the loss and move on. I'm the kind of person who puts a necklace on, then takes it off, putting it somewhere 'safe'. Which could be ANYWHERE.
Also annoying as the necklace is a beautiful glass bead affair my mum got me when my skin was going mental when I wore other jewellery and now I've started thinking about it, it'll keep niggle niggling until it's found. I'll be moving flat in a few moths and doing a big clear out after accumulating 3 years worth of stuff so maybe I'll find it then. However having magpies for a mum and sister it could even be with either of them! Anyway, the reason for my rant is that my lack of jewellery system has caused so many episodes like this I am going to take action! I bought a mug stand for my necklaces, which was lazy inaction at its finest. I was so proud when I got it, and it is sooo crap. I also constantly worry about breakins so can't have any nice stuff out on show so I want THIS!!
Jeepers though £130 is a lot of money for me I think, but this would solve so many of my problems. Also, you're definitely grown up when the solution to your latest problem can be found on QVC. Lol!
Excitingly though, there is a small one that is under £60 that I may ask for a birthday present in July if I can!
There's a cosmetic AND a jewellery version! My makeup storage is such a mess too, I get similar episodes to today's over lost glitter eyeliner. Maybe I could get one as a present for jewellery and buy one for myself for makeup? I really like the white colour. Obviously the full length mirror is the holy grail, my mum has it actually and it's AMAZING.
Do you have any storage tips? I'll definitely be getting my act together when I move flat and hopefully at least one of these babies will be a feature! I haven't seen anything else like it and the wee one could go anywhere, even right on top of the dressing table instead of a normal mirror. Let me know if you have a good system I should think about!
*All images were lifted from the QVC website.
-Caoimhe.lights xxx







I bloody love these, love love love! I have an amazing HUGE skinny drawer fest from Ikea that I have filled with make up,has a superb mirror bit on the top for makeup will go and see if I can find a link,
ReplyDeleteI am completely the same when it comes to losing things I cannot focus on ANYTHING else until it is found....Sigh. OCD much
xxx
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90106506 this is what I have and its my dream, the top two thin drawers are amazing for brushes and day to day stuff then the deep ones I have filled, will get some pics up for the blog- been meaning to do it for ages xxx
ReplyDeleteAlso on the Ikea theme, I saw this recently:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/03/best-jewelry-closet-ever.html
Looks pretty smart I think!
Wow they're such good ideas!! I have hooks screwed into my wall that I hand all my jewellery off.
ReplyDeleteMmm those are good ideas! I was struggling on the Ikea website as I had tried there before stumbling upon QVC, I had no idea where my mum had gotten her cabinet (and I'm pretty sure my dad has no idea it is a cabinet also, lolol). Now I'm impatient, there's no point in doing anything to my current room but all I know is, today's episode can never happen again! I also feel stupid as I bought hooks for this purpose, and then lost them... defs doing a post on the abyss that is my current room soon! xxx
ReplyDeleteOooooooooh I love the jewellery one! I have hundreds of necklaces - some hidden away in a jewellery box and others on a stand. I find that I never use the ones in my jewellery box and the ones on the stand just gather dust! This looks like a great find!
ReplyDelete