C0LOUREDLIGHTS

My photo
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
I'm Caoimhe, this is my blog on makeup and stuff. Email me on c0loured.lights23@gmail.com

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Hot or Not #4

Deciding to bring this bad boy back! I'm getting a bit back on form with my blogging now and this really helped collect my thoughts!

HOT!

1.
Vichy Normaderm Pro Mat
O em gee. 
I will review this soon, as it is one of the best products I have ever tried.



2.
Urban Outfitters
Urban Outfitters has always been a bit love hate for me. The clothes and jewellery are extremely expensive and the 'Renewal' section is ridiculously overpriced, not to mention the tshirts which are all £28 - £34!! Obscene.
 That said, one of my favourite ever items, a black playsuit was a beastly £52, insane for me but I have worn it to death and in fact every item I've ever bought there has been beautiful and loved accordingly.
The sales however are consistently amazing and in the current one I got lots of nice things and wanted way more!
The shopping experience is also one of the best in Glasgow, with a lovely fitting room area that is well lit but doesn't make you want to throw yourself out a window unlike some *COUGH H&M COUGH* with their disgusting 360 mirrors which make me actively NOT want to buy stuff. 
The sale stock is always laid out nicely and neatly in UO too, so you can actually browse the items rather than the overwhelming mess you have to sift through in Topshop, River Island, Miss Selfridge etc etc.
I sound like a PR! I'm not just hadn't been clothes shopping in ages and last week the differences in each shop really struck me.

3.
Internacionale
I've blogged about Internacionale before and how it is surprisingly (to me anyway) really great when you go in, despite not having the same reputation or clout as other UK highstreet shops. Popped in today to buy some leopard print wedges I saw on Lily's blog. I love them and were about £25. I decided I wanted some leopard shoes to go with a red dress I'm wearing on a night out next Saturday so was delighted she posted about them and they were still in stock!
My friend Sophie also swears by the blonde hair extensions which are £4.99 and they look incredible on her!

4.
Going to be an uber dork, but friends.
I've posted about my birthday already, but I had a really special day, thanks to some great friends.

5.

So, my number 5 on my hot list will from heron in will be one of my favourite bloggers.
 Addie is a fantastic blogger and I LOVE her style! It's always cute as a button and perfectly assembled,
and the photography on her blog is always just beautiful! She's also been a lovely commenter and supporter of my little offering which is so sweet, and really means a lot. Please check out her blog if you haven't already, it's just totally adorable.


NOT!

1.
Work work work.
I like my job in a delicatessen/cafe, as I work with a lovely bunch and I like eating and chatting, which this job incorporates nicely. I don't want to do it forever but it is fine for now.
HOWEVER I worked 12 days in a row and by yesterday I was a shadow of my former self - fringe back and no makeup, and as I've mentioned before, wearing black every day is just the saddest thing. Schedule's going back to normal for now but it was a tiring two weeks!

2.
Exits.
It's pretty weird, last year two of my closest friends left Glasgow the day after my birthday for exciting new adventures, and this year my friend Bryony who I became really close to since I met her last August left the day after my birthday too! I hope this isn't a trend!

3.
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
Makes everyone else's hair a beautiful sleek mane (or so I'm told), made my hair an UNBELIEVABLE STICKY MESS. My hair normally lasts a few days without being washes, but this needs washed out asap.
How dissappointing!

4.
Missing Beyonce at T in the Park
Heartbreaking in the extreme. My friend was there and called me during Say My Name, luckily I missed her call during Halo or I might have gone over the edge.

5.
Moving flat related stress.
My flatmate and I are moving to the best flat ever in just over a week, and I have yet to pack a thing, ARGH!
My flat is full to bursting with three years of absolute rubbish, moving is going to be an absolute nightmare!

Hope everybody has had a lovely weekend! The weather forecast has been telling outright lies, and Glasgow's weather has been great! Unfortunately I made the most of my day off and went and bought a million things, oops!

Before I sign off - if you haven't already, check out David Mitchell's Soapbox, a series of shorts where he rants about things and it's HILARIOUS!


This is my favourite, enjoy!

-Caoimhe.lights xxx

3 comments:

  1. It's so cool that you have featured The Cat Hag blog on this, i love her too! She always has the cutest outfits. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I have to admit being super shocked when I scrolled to my photo!

    Awww you are really such a sweetie, I can't believe anybody really reads my blog sometimes, I am such a boring person. So thankew babe, your kind words made my day. ♥

    I totally get you on UO btw, I have since stopped really browsing their site in case I suddenly really NEED to buy things that are not on sale and crazily priced haha.

    And packing is always a nightmare for me, I just accumulate so many odds and ends and clothes and weird stuff that I can't bear to throw out. Hehe let me know how it goes for you, I can't wait to see your new flat.


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice hot and not list, work always sucks :P

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Let me know if you have a blog too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...