Topshop jacket and shorts // Primark shoes and top // Miss Selfridge necklace // second hand satchel
I love these shoes! Only £12 and I want the black as well now, totally adorable. Hard to tell but I'm wearing navy tights, getting into that as an alternative to black and in real life looks far less wintery. I really liked this outfit :)
I also made this soup. It's called Caldo Verde, so easy to make and DELICIOUS. Chorizo, cabbage and potato and a nice change to usual veg soups!
Heading to Morocco for a weekend at the end of summer and as it's an Islamic country it is appropriate to dress modestly - long sleeves, knee length skirts, round neck tshirts and no no shorts, short hemlines, low cut tops, vests etc etc.
I have no clothes that fit this (not entirely true... ) so used it as an excuse to buy this dress. Was only £15 and I'm in love with the colour!
Will have to be worn with leggings but apparently at night shorter hems are tolerated with bare legs so it is perfect!
And sorry for crap photo quality, just had to show it off!
If anyone has any tips about what to wear, please let me know!
The internet has said many things and as far as I can gather, many tourists DO wear what we would class as regular holiday clothes (short things, low things etc) but it is really frowned upon by locals and means as a girl you could be hassled more. It's just me and my friend Sophie going and with her blonde hair and my white skin and no wedding rings we want to keep a low profile! (One website suggested fake wedding rings and invented husbands, super weird?!)
I've been to Istanbul where the dress code seemed a bit more relaxed but the more you covered up the less you were hassled on the street for sure.
Am off out tonight to see Uffie at Death Disco so hopefully and outfit and makeup post will be forthcoming tomorrow! We'll see how I'm feeling though and I need to pack up my flat, moving day is creeping up fast!
Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
-Caoimhe.lights xxx
That is a lovely outfit,
ReplyDeleteThe soup looks yummy! I love cabbage soup, and I love chorizo - sounds like the perfect combo x
our friend stef went for a while a couple of years ago and she genuinely suggests wearing a ring on your wedding finger as it stopped a lot of problems! The dress looks totally stunning hunxxx
ReplyDeleteYeah I remember Stef saying that - maybe it'll be fun making an elaborate story up! Ha! Also, I've not been in Primark for an AGE but feel like I need to - I love the Top. xxx
ReplyDeletethis is lovely, nice and colourful. love the print of that top. your blog background is pretty sweet too.
ReplyDeleteHelen, X
http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com