C0LOUREDLIGHTS

My photo
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
I'm Caoimhe, this is my blog on makeup and stuff. Email me on c0loured.lights23@gmail.com

Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Marrakech August 2011


Went to Marrakech at the very end of August for a quick weekend with my friend Sophie. I would highly recommend it. We stayed at a beautiful riad with lovely staff called Laksiba, which was really reasonably priced, and got Ryanair flights pretty cheap so it was quite a budget wee holiday! We mostly just shopped in the souks, my main haul was a beautiful brown leather doctor's bag for about £18!

The photo of us in bathrobes was taken after getting a hammam. It was incredible, for maybe £20 or so, we got a body scrub and full body massage. I don't think I've ever been cleaner or felt better, and after a hot afternoon shopping it was incredible to escape the chaos and be pampered for a bit. I couldn't tell you the place we went, but there's lots of different places that offer the same thing.

Also pictured is my first EVER maxi item! I bought it specifically for the holiday, as I mentioned before it's advised to dress modestly and this was perfect. Better still, it was brand new with tags in a second hand clothing shop (Glorious in Ruthven Lane for any Glasgow readers) and only £20! It's so glam, I love it. My other outfit is a dress my mum made from Liberty fabric for her honeymoon, way back in 1981... how crazy is that?! Still looks beautiful, and I always feel really special when I wear it.

I will definitely go back, currently trying to persuade my mum and brother to organise a trip. The shopping was mindblowing and I already have a mental list of what I'll get when I return! Aside from that, it was amazing to be transported to somewhere that felt a million miles from home, after only 3 hrs 45 mins on a Ryanair flight. I'd love to explore more next time, and maybe make it onto a camel!


-Caoimhe.lights xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Let me know if you have a blog too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...